The Dreamforce 2017 Agenda Builder: Tips and Demo
The Dreamforce 2017 Agenda Builder is now live! It’s time to book your sessions and keynotes. When selecting your sessions, keep in mind what Kurt Smith, Senior Director, Event Content Strategy at Salesforce said in the Dreamforce Agenda Builder blog post. Be sure to check out your personalized Einstein recommendations as you build out your conference schedule, and don’t forget to check out the Agenda Builder tips below so you can make the most of your Dreamforce.
Dreamforce 2017 Agenda Builder Demo
5 Tips to Mapping out Your Success Plan with the Dreamforce 2017 Agenda Builder
1. Start Now – Do your homework before you get to San Francisco: Take the time to research prior to Dreamforce so that you are fully aware of the numerous and exciting keynote speakers that will be in presenting. Learn the layout of the Dreamforce campus and which specific areas you definitely would like to visit. Many sessions will be offered multiple times during the event, so keep that in mind when building out your agenda.
2. Save Time for the Expo! Don’t fill your session schedule so tight that you have no time to explore the Customer Success Expo. This is the place to go to meet with Salesforce product experts, and connect with the vast ecosystem of Salesforce partners. Over 400 partners will have solutions will be on display for you to touch and test drive. The Expo is your one-stop shop for innovative solutions. Sometimes solutions will present themselves to problems you didn’t even know you had as you engage with partners in the Expo.
3. Stress – Avoid it: Once Agenda Builder is live, the race is on…or at least that’s what some people say. Sure, there are sessions that will “sell out”, like the Workshops with hands-on-training. Don’t panic if you’re unable to enroll for a session. Show up at the session location 15 minutes before it starts and you may get a seat as a walk-in. Dreamforce blocks 25% of the seats in most sessions (not Hands-on-Training or some Workshops) for walk-ins, and often times people who enroll get busy with conversations and the expo hall that they miss a session. It is almost a guarantee that you will find yourself a seat, and if you happen to miss a session, most sessions (except road-map, and forward looking sessions) are recorded with the videos released on the Dreamforce YouTube Channel shortly after the event ends.
4. Don’t Forget to Breathe, Eat and Hydrate: The biggest tech conference in the world (now sold out) is an amazing experience, so throughout the numerous sessions, meetings, and demos, don’t forget to breathe and take a moment to absorb everything (or as much as you can). This is a time to celebrate what has been accomplished over the year thus far, and enjoy the opportunity to network with other people in the Salesforce ecosystem. Stay hydrated during the day. There will be water stations all over the campus. And don’t skip on the food. You’ll need the energy to make it through the day, and night! Lunch will be served throughout the Dreamforce Campus, and there will be food available at official Dreamforce evening events, as well as at many partner events.
5. Plan you days wisely – Dreamforce is full of surprises. Dreamforce is a total of 4 days. Four very full days. Manage your time wisely so that you have enough leeway to attend the many unique and unexpected things that may be happening throughout the conference and across the city of San Francisco. Map out an average of 3 to 4 sessions per day, to give a good balance between content and learning, along with networking, the Expo, and all the other things fun that will be going on during the week. You won’t want to miss out on anything!