March 28 by Eric Dreshfield
The modern law department is no longer the “back office”, it’s a strategic part of the business on the front line of deals, partnerships, and C-suite decisions. At Accelerate you can hear how companies are using technology to drive the transformation of the legal function, discover how forward-looking general counsel are partnering with their businesses, and hear from global experts on the trends shaping the future of law. Hundreds of the legal elite – leaders, litigators, and luminaries – are all preparing to join us in San Francisco at Apttus Accelerate on May 14-16, 2018, to network, discuss and collaborate on the most pressing issues across the industry. Register today so you don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from the best. Here are the top 5 must-attend sessions for legal professionals.
1. Smart Contracts and Blockchain: Separating Hype from Reality – Blockchain is on everyone’s mind in 2018. Among all the opinions, sales pitches, and technical jargon, what is true and what do you need to know? This session will reveal the true progress of blockchain in business today, how and when it will affect your work, and what you can do to prepare your contract and obligation management processes for this new “smart contract” technology. This session is presented by Cory Haynes, Vertical Markets Director, Financial Services, Apttus.
2. Revolutionize Legal Operations with Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Today’s Chief Legal Officers and Legal Operations directors must manage risk while also supporting the objectives of the business. Artificial intelligence (AI) is helping legal professionals make more informed decisions and gain operational efficiencies that reduce risk, shorten contract cycles, and increase productivity. Join this session to explore how modern law departments can do more with less by leveraging AI. This session is presented by Molly Tynan Perry, Chief Operating Officer, Office of the General Counsel, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise; and Jason Smith, Senior Director, Application Solutions, Contract Lifecycle Management, Apttus.
3. Best Practices in Contract Management for Any Type of Contract – There are many kinds of contracts used for many different purposes, but you don’t need different systems to handle them. In this session, you’ll hear the stories of Procurement, Legal Operations, and In-House Counsel who have benefited from enterprise-wide contract management systems, and how you can apply their experiences to your own contract management needs. This session is presented by Andrew Bartels, Vice President, Principal Analyst Serving CIO Professionals, Forrester Research; and Jesal Mehta, General Manager of Contract Lifecycle Management, Apttus.
4. Turn Your Sell-Side CLM or Buy-Side CLM into Enterprise Contract Management – Your vision for enterprise-wide contract management is a single technology and process for all kinds of contracts. However, if you are like many companies, today your contract software is only used for some of your contracts. This session explores best practices for deploying your existing contract management software for all contract types including the technical, organizational, and staffing requirements for success. This session presented by Robert Xu, Enterprise Applications Solutions Manager, Technology and Mobility, Varian Medical Systems; and Robert Couch, Vice President, Contract Management Advisory Services, Apttus.
5. Selecting a Contract Management Provider: Strategies and Pitfalls – There are many factors in considering a contract management solution: Should we buy, or should we build our own system? What amount of time and resources do we need to budget? What key questions should we ask to make the right decision? This session offers expert perspectives to guide you in managing your contract management selection, and is presented by Barbara Rogan, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Cadence Design Systems; and Charmel Rhyne, Senior Principal Sales Engineer, Apttus.
Apttus Accelerate is sure to educate and inspire you. You’ll come away inspired with actionable ideas and new resources you can use to elevate your company’s revenue performance.