October 7 by Elle Odysseos
Beyond setting the standard and direction for cloud computing, Salesforce has created an incredibly powerful platform and partner ecosystem that goes miles beyond CRM. One of the most compelling attractions of Dreamforce is it provides the perfect opportunity to explore the myriad of ways you can extend your Salesforce investment to improve core business processes and boost business value. From small, point solutions to full-featured enterprise suites, Dreamforce is a big candy jar for sales, marketing, finance, and IT pros looking to make an impact in their organizations.
One category in particular making a big splash at Dreamforce 2014 will be Quote-to-Cash, which is the end-to-end process linking opportunities to revenue. Highlighted below are the top ten Quote-to-Cash sessions you should check out for a good look at the fastest growing business-critical category:
1. 5 Ways Salesforce Closes Deals – An Insider’s Look, (Tuesday, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Theater) – You’ll see five cool ways to improve your sales process with Salesforce1, and get an inside look into salesforce.com’s approach to E-Commerce, mobile quoting, and contract management. Apttus will provide the first 500 attendees with a copy of the newly released and bestselling book, The New Rules of Sales and Service, by David Meerman Scott, and all attendees will be entered to win an Apple iPhone 6.
2. Quote-to-Cash in the Cloud, (Tuesday, 11:00 AM – 11:40 AM, Century Theaters, Theater 5) – From opportunity to compensation, Salesforce helps sales people make great deals happen faster.
3. A Foolproof Guide to E-Commerce and Multi-Channel Success on Salesforce, (Tuesday 11:30 AM – 12:10 PM, Marriott Marquis, Yerba Buena – Salons 1, 2, 3) – Learn how Salesforce and Neopost leverage Configure Price Quote (CPQ), mobile capabilities, and Salesforce Communities to successfully execute a multi-channel and E-Commerce strategy. All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the Ultimate Guide to E-Commerce and will be entered to win an Apple iPhone 6.
4. Actionable Analytics: Not Your Typical Dashboard & Reporting Session, (Wednesday, 3:00 PM – 3:40 PM, Marriott Marquis, Golden Gate B) – Learn how to enhance your Quote-to-Cash process with data-driven business decisions that go far beyond the typical dashboards. All attendees will get the 5-Step Guide to Salesforce Analytics, available only at Dreamforce, and will be entered to win an Apple iPhone 6.
5. Simplifying the Complex: Inquire to Order, – (Monday, 10:00 AM – 10:40, Century Theaters, Theater 2) – This solution from Salesforce bridges the gaps between engineering and sales with a fresh vision for marketing and complex product configuration.
6. Proposal to Contract to E-Signature – Let’s Make a Deal!, (Wednesday, 4:30 PM – 5:10 PM, Marriot Marquis, Golden Gate B) – Learn how to drive sales efficiency and effectiveness by going from proposal to contract to close — all from the opportunity record in Salesforce. Get a complimentary copy of the Ultimate Guide to Contract Management and the Forrester Market Overview: Contract Life-Cycle Management, 2014 ($499 Value). All attendees will also be entered to win an Apple iPhone 6.
7. New Customer Insights: Billing on Salesforce1, (Monday, 12:30 PM – 1:10 PM, Century Theaters, Theater 3) – In this special Dreamforce edition of Family Feud (yes, you read that correctly), you’ll see how you can use Salesforce to get complete visibility into your customer lifecycle, including quotes, orders, invoices and renewals. Learn how to overcome customer billing challenges for any product, service and industry. You’ll also receive a complimentary copy of the “Ultimate Guide to Revenue Management,” and the winning “Family” will get a Bruno Mars prize pack and VIP access to the Apttus Quote-to-Cash Green Zone.
8. Harmonize Critical Processes like Quote-to-Cash: The Salesforce Real-Life Story, (Wednesday, 10:30 AM – 11:10 AM, InterContinental San Francisco, Grand Ballroom AB) – Salesforce.com automated their entire Quote-to-Cash process across cloud applications, bringing down costs and ultimately driving a fundamental shift in the overall sales experience, internally and externally.
9. Apttus Vendor Showcase: Build Miracles with Microsoft Excel and Salesforce, (Monday, 10:30 AM – 11:10 AM, Century Theaters, Theater 1) – Forecasting, budgets, and territory management – anything you do in Excel can now be automatically synced with Salesforce. You’ll see a variety of exciting new Excel apps, and vote to see your favorite app built live—right before your eyes. If you’re a Microsoft Excel user, button-click admin, business analyst or developer, you don’t want to miss this session! All attendees will be entered to win an Apple iPhone 6.
10. Harmonize Your Quote-to-Cash Process, (Monday, 11:30 AM – Marriot Marquis, Foothill G1, G2) – Salesforce.com automated their entire Quote-to-Cash process across cloud applications, bringing down costs and ultimately driving a fundamental shift in the overall sales experience, internally and externally.
Don’t forget to stop by the Quote-to-Cash Green Zone, Dreamforce’s most popular hangout spot is back. It’s located at Third and Howard, in the heart of the DF campus, right across the street from Moscone North and South. Drop by to sit and relax, meet fellow Dreamforce attendees, as well as grab a drink or snack while catching up on all things Dreamforce. Learn how to get your Green Zone RSVP in your conference bag.