December 20 by Steve Feyer
The Legal Tech industry is a fast-paced world. It’s constantly evolving and reinventing itself. Here’s the top 15 legal conferences to attend in 2018, to help keep you on pace with the industry.
Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC)
EMEA Institute – CLOC hosts it’s first ever EMEA Institute on January 23, 2018 in London, UK. CLOC EMEA has a great lineup of speakers for you to learn from including Sarah Barrett-Vane, Director of Legal Operations, Royal Mail; Connie Brenton, Chairman of the Board, CLOC and Senior Director of Legal Operations, NetApp, Inc.; as well as notables from Oracle; Cisco; Facebook; Gap Inc.; Vodaphone Group; Google, Inc.; and more. For complete details, and to register to attend, visit their website.
CLOC Institute – CLOC Institute, held April 22-25, 2018, in Las Vegas, NV, is the largest gathering of corporate legal professionals in the world. CLOC Institute features over 75 sessions presented by industry leaders such as Molly Tynan Perry, Chief Operating Officer – General Counsel, Hewlett Packard Enterprise; Aine Lyons, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Worldwide Legal Operations, VMware, Inc.; and others. For complete details, and to register, visit their website.
Legalweek, being held at the New York Hilton Midtown, January 29 to February 1, 2018, is really 5 separate legal conferences in one location. Legalweek consists of:
- Business of Law Forum – Featuring the Innovation Lab that brings together key stakeholders in the legal services delivery space to discuss where the legal industry is headed.
- LegalCIO – Formerly the Law Firm Chief Information and Technology Officers Forum, combines the latest, cutting-edge updates on legal technologies with the chance to engage your peers in discussions on daily challenges.
- Legal Diversity & Talent Management Forum – Takes a hard-hitting look at what it takes to attract, retain and develop a competitive workforce in today’s fast paced legal environment as well as examines the state of diversity in the legal field.
- Legal Marketing – Leverages the influence of key legal professionals to take a look, from a client perspective, on how reputation, content output and marketing efforts impact decisions on where to take business.
- LegalTech – The largest, and most important legal technology event of the year, providing a detailed look at technology holds for law practices and legal departments.
For complete details, including sessions, speakers and event registration, visit their website.
On their website, the Association of Legal Technologists describes their event, February 11-13, 2018, in Scottsdale, Arizona, as networking rebooted. It’s an event designed to bring the legal tech community back to its roots, and back to what’s important: solving industry problems with real industry experience. For more details, and to register, visit their website.
The American Bar Association’s Techshow comes to Chicago on March 7-9, 2018. The ABA Techshow features sessions on the latest technologies in law including moving to the cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain, along side sessions devoted to small law firms ethics and social media. For more details and to register, visit their website.
CodeX FutureLaw Conference 2018
CodeX, the Stanford University Center for Legal Informatics hosts The FutureLaw Conference on April 5, 2018, from 9am to 5pm at Stanford’s Paul Brest Hall. Watch their website for more details as the event get closer.
ACC Legal Operations Conference
The 4th annual ACC Legal Operations conference offers attendees the ability to learn about the latest trends and advancements in legal operations. Through workshops, keynotes, sessions, roundtables, and more, attendees will be able to network and learn from their peers. Watch their website for event updates.
International Legal Technology Association’s 2018 conference will be in Washington, DC, August 19-23, 2018. The conference promises to draw on the collective strengths of professionals working in technology within legal departments and law firms to deliver content that shares what works, what doesn’t and what’s needed to face challenges today and tomorrow. Watch their website for updates.
ACC Annual Meeting
The Association of Corporate Counsel will be holding it’s annual meeting in Austin, TX, on October 21-24, 2018. This promises to be one of the best legal conferences of 2018 with two-and-a-half days of great content on current legal issues from dozens of thought leaders. Visit their website for more details.