November 7 by Gene Eun
Gartner’s latest Magic Quadrant for Configure, Price and Quote Application Suites was recently released, and Apttus was once again named a Leader in the category. We’re quite proud and honored to be recognized by Gartner as a leader in CPQ because it’s a testament to the depth of capabilities, innovation, and quality that differentiates Apttus CPQ from other CPQ products.
In its latest Magic Quadrant for CPQ, Gartner evaluated 16 CPQ vendors (including Apttus) across several key criteria including:
• Completeness of Vision – How well do vendors understand customer needs, and how accurately do they convert that understanding into products & services; Do vendors demonstrate a clear understanding of trends and does their roadmap align to Gartner’s view of the market.
• Ability to Execute – What is the quality of processes, systems, methods, etc., that the vendor uses to provide products and services to customers? Is there a clear roadmap at least 2 years into the future, and is the company viable financially?
• Critical Use Cases – Does the product or service support direct sales, channel sales, self-service sales, subscription management, complex manufacturing and solution selling?
There is an enormous amount of interesting information in Gartner’s latest report. We’ll share a few interesting points just to whet your appetite:
• Gartner predicts by 2022, more B2B quotes and orders will be created in CPQ or in B2B commerce applications than in ERP.
• For the CPQ customers Gartner surveyed for the report, the top 3 most common business benefits were improved order accuracy, faster creation of quotes and improved pricing accuracy.
• The top 4 reasons customers purchased the CPQ software were to replace existing outdated system/process (71%), produce quotes faster (74%), improve order accuracy (74%) and improve sales rep productivity (71%).