Dreamforce. It’s the must-attend tech conference of the year for anyone who’s anyone in the Salesforce Ecosystem. Salesforce hosted the first Dreamforce in 2003 with an attendance of 1,300 people. Ten years later, in 2013, Dreamforce was home to over 130,000 attendees, and this year, there’s talk of the event selling out with attendance closing in on 200,000. That’s almost twice as many people as those who call Aruba home. That’s some phenomenal growth! Dreamforce has had some amazing speakers over the years too. People like Michael Dell, George Lucas, Sheryl Sanberg, Gary Vaynerchuk, General Colin Powell (two different years,) and the list goes on and on. At Apttus we might define “celebrity” a little differently, so we came up with a few questions to ask each of our celebrities, and two of the questions do not have anything to do with Salesforce or Dreamforce! So without further delay, allow us to introduce our next celebrity of Dreamforce 2016.
Celebrities of Dreamforce 2016: Introducing Charlie Isaacs
Our latest Dreamforce Celebrity for 2016, is no stranger to the Salesforce stage. He talks a lot on IoT, and is a huge supporter of equality and inclusion for all. He’s even been known to turn a cartwheel or two at events when asked, and randomly shows up at user group meetings around the country! He is the CTO for Customer Connection. He is Charlie Isaacs, and we recently caught up with him to talk about all things Dreamforce and beyond. Read on to learn more about Charlie!
Oh the memories!
Apttus: How many years have you attended Dreamforce?
- This will be number eight!
Apttus: Out of all the speakers from last year, who has been your favorite Dreamforce Speaker?
- Marc Benioff, of course.
Apttus: Which band was the most memorable?
- Green Day at AT&T Park, in the rain: the show must go on, and it did!
If I Could Only…
Apttus: If you could ask Marc Benioff one question, what would it be?
- Can I show you my latest IoT Cloud LIVE Use Case Demonstration? You will love it!
Apttus: What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- To overturn inequality in technology by increasing diversity and inclusion through early education and hackathons.
Apttus: Has anyone ever asked you for your autograph?
Dreamforce – Past and Present
Apttus: What is your best Dreamforce memory?
- It’s a tie:
- 1. The first DFBacon Breakfast I attended.
- 2. Sharing the stage with Peter Coffee and Peter Schwartz on the Emerging Trends Keynotes.
Apttus: What are you most excited about going into Dreamforce 2016?
- Visiting and brainstorming about innovation with all of the customers and partners. I love Dreamforce because I don’t have to travel anywhere to meet with dozens of customers.
Now you know more about Charlie Isaacs, and perhaps even a little more about what to expect at Dreamforce. Be sure to follow Charlie on Twitter. Keep a keen eye out on his feed and any presentations he makes at Dreamforce. He usually works in a picture or two of his amazing grandchildren!