Dreamforce. It’s the must-attend tech conference of the year for anyone who’s anyone in the Salesforce Ecosystem. Salesforce hosted the first Dreamforce in 2003 with an attendance of 1,300 people. Ten years later, in 2013, Dreamforce was home to over 130,000 attendees, and this year, there’s talk of the event selling out with attendance closing in on 200,000. That’s almost twice as many people as those who call Aruba home. That’s some phenomenal growth! Dreamforce has had some amazing speakers over the years too. People like Michael Dell, George Lucas, Sheryl Sanberg, Gary Vaynerchuk, General Colin Powell (two different years,) and the list goes on and on. At Apttus we might define “celebrity” a little differently, so we came up with a few questions to ask each of our celebrities, and two of the questions do not have anything to do with Salesforce or Dreamforce! So without further delay, allow us to introduce our next celebrity of Dreamforce 2016.
Celebrities of Dreamforce 2016: Introducing Gillian Madill
Our latest Dreamforce Celebrity for 2016, really needs very little introduction. Gillian Madill is part of the #AwesomeAdmin team at Salesforce and the co-host of the ButtonClick Admin Podcast. We caught up with her to ask a few pointed questions about Dreamforce, what its like being a celebrity and life.
Oh the memories!
Apttus: How many years have you attended Dreamforce?
- 2016 will be my sixth year attending.
Apttus: In all those years, who has been your favorite Dreamforce Speaker?
- Sir Richard Branson.
Apttus: Which band was the most memorable?
If I Could Only…
Apttus: If you could ask Marc Benioff one question, what would it be?
- When will you be our guest on the ButtonClick Admin podcast? #ButtonClickBenioff
Apttus: What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- I would like to go diving with Great White sharks off Guadalupe Island in Mexico.
Apttus: Has anyone ever asked you for your autograph?
Dreamforce – Past and Present
Apttus: What is your best Dreamforce memory?
I have TWO:
1) Seeing the very first Admin Zone open up at Dreamforce 2014. Our superheroes flew above 2nd floor Moscone West – Super De-duper, Productivity Protector, Captain Community, Mobile Avenger, Analytics Adventurer, Security Master – as Admins found their home, finally, at Dreamforce.
2) Getting on stage at the very first Admin Keynote at Dreamforce 2014. Not an official keynote yet, Admins packed the ballroom on an early morning the night after Bruno Mars. We had to bring in 300+ extra chairs. Senior Salesforce executives showed up to see what the fuss was about. Sarah Franklin, Mike Gerholdt, LeeAnne Templeman, and I got up on stage and delivered something totally new: Showing setup in our demos! Celebrating community heroes on stage! And we awarded our first ever #AwesomeAdmin award to Cheryl Feldman. The rest, my friends, is history….
Apttus: What are you most excited about going into Dreamforce 2016?
- The Automation Station in the Admin Meadow! Something brand new to Dreamforce, a space dedicated to teaching Admins how to be amazing business analysts in interactive & creative ways.
Now you know more about Gillian Madill, and perhaps even a little more about what to expect at Dreamforce. Be sure to follow Gillian on Twitter. She always shares #Awesome things!