Dreamforce. It’s the must-attend tech conference of the year for anyone who’s anyone in the Salesforce Ecosystem. Salesforce hosted the first Dreamforce in 2003 with an attendance of 1,300 people. Ten years later, in 2013, Dreamforce was home to over 130,000 attendees, and this year, there’s talk of the event selling out with attendance closing in on 200,000. That’s almost twice as many people as those who call Aruba home. That’s some phenomenal growth! Dreamforce has had some amazing speakers over the years too. People like Michael Dell, George Lucas, Sheryl Sanberg, Gary Vaynerchuk, General Colin Powell (two different years,) and the list goes on and on. At Apttus we might define “celebrity” a little differently, so we came up with a few questions to ask each of our celebrities, and two of the questions do not have anything to do with Salesforce or Dreamforce! So without further delay, allow us to introduce our next celebrity of Dreamforce 2016.
Celebrities of Dreamforce 2016: Introducing Steve “SteveMo” Molis!
Our latest Dreamforce Celebrity for 2016 isn’t a celebrity at all, rather a group of celebrities. They first performed together in front of their fellow Salesforce MVPs at Dreamforce 2015, at the exclusive MVP appreciation party on the Dreamboat. After that event, Apex and the Limits realized they could use their musical talents to give something back to the Salesforce community…and the rest, as they say, is history. Now let’s meet the band!
Oh the memories!
Apttus: How many years have you attended Dreamforce?
- This will be my eighth time attending.
Apttus: Out of all the speakers from last year, who has been your favorite Dreamforce Speaker?
- It’s a tie between the Tag-Team of Stevie Wonder & Bill Clinton, and Gen. Colin Powell
Apttus: Which band was the most memorable?
- Green Day for soldiering on through the rain and sound issues and still putting on a GREAT show. I’m also REALLY looking forward to U2, I saw them for the first time in High School 1983 on the “War” tour (one of my All-Time Favorite Shows).
If I Could Only…
Apttus: If you could ask Marc Benioff one question, what would it be?
- Will you ever run for President? (Pretty Please!!!)
Apttus: What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- Meeting Deepak Anand.
Apttus: Has anyone ever asked you for your autograph?
Dreamforce – Past and Present
Apttus: What is your best Dreamforce memory, and if you are brave enough, your most embarrassing?
- Best: Getting the Lightning Bolt from Parker at the DF’15 Admin Keynote.
- Embarrassing: Running 6 blocks from The Hilton to Moscone West after wrapping up the Admin Comedy session thinking that I was late for the Admin Keynote. (they didn’t tell me about the Lightning Bolt or Parker, they just told me “You HAVE to be there”). Only to get to there (completely soaked in sweat) and find out I was 20 minutes early because I had set my “Admin Keynote” reminder in my phone 30 minutes too early.
Apttus: What are you most excited about going into Dreamforce 2016?
- Getting to meet my Community friends (new&old) face to face, Seeing the Product Road Map, the Admin Zone, The Trailhead Lodge, just being with “My Tribe”