Dreamforce. It’s the must-attend tech conference of the year for anyone who’s anyone in the Salesforce Ecosystem. Salesforce hosted the first Dreamforce in 2003 with an attendance of 1,300 people. Ten years later, in 2013, Dreamforce was home to over 130,000 attendees, and this year, there’s talk of the event selling out with attendance closing in on 200,000. That’s almost twice as many people as those who call Aruba home. That’s some phenomenal growth! Dreamforce has had some amazing speakers over the years too. People like Michael Dell, George Lucas, Sheryl Sanberg, Gary Vaynerchuk, General Colin Powell (two different years,) and the list goes on and on. At Apttus we might define “celebrity” a little differently, so we came up with a few questions to ask each of our celebrities, and two of the questions do not have anything to do with Salesforce or Dreamforce! So without further delay, allow us to introduce our next celebrity of Dreamforce 2016.
Celebrities of Dreamforce 2016: Introducing Jenny Bamber
Our latest Dreamforce Celebrity for 2016, does not need much of an introduction if you are from the UK or follow all the Salesforce MVPs on Twitter. She’s a certified Salesforce Administrator who shares her knowledge to the community through Jenny’s Admin Tips. We caught up with Jenny Bamber and asked a few questions about Dreamforce, being a celebrity and life. Read on to learn more about her .
Oh the memories!
Apttus: How many years have you attended Dreamforce?
- This will only be my second time!
Apttus: Out of all the speakers from last year, who has been your favorite Dreamforce Speaker?
- This is a tough one. I really enjoyed Adam Pearless’ session – The Lightning Process Builder and the Growing Role of the Salesforce Admin. Great presentation and a packed out cinema room!
Apttus: Which band was the most memorable?
- The only thing I managed to hear at the Dreamfest last year was the sound of The Killers last stoke on their drum. It was so busy we took ourselves off to a bar instead. Top Tip: get to the Dreamfest EARLY! Having said that I was fortunate enough to see Stevie Wonder at the Marc Benioff Keynote last year. AMAZING!
If I Could Only…
Apttus: If you could ask Marc Benioff one question, what would it be?
- Oh I have no idea! He probably gets asked lots of serious business questions. Hmm. Well having just got back from holidaying in Hawaii I’d probably ask him why he ever left the islands! That place is amazing! Maybe go in with a ‘Would you rather’ question. Or something more ‘suitable’ like – “When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?”
Apttus: What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- Going on a safari in South Africa is up high on the bucket list.
Apttus: Has anyone ever asked you for your autograph?
Dreamforce – Past and Present
Apttus: What is your best Dreamforce memory?
- Winning Trailhead Gladiators, podcasting live in the admin zone, meeting the SF community people…There are too many to chose from!
Apttus: What are you most excited about going into Dreamforce 2016?
- I’m excited to hear Tony Robbins keynote. Love this guy!
Now you know more about Jenny Bamber, and perhaps even a little more about what to expect at Dreamforce. Be sure to follow Jenny on Twitter. She always shares #AwesomeAdmin tips!