Position: Project Management Office (PMO) Director
We are looking for an experienced Director – PMO (Project Management Office) in the Professional Services organization. The ideal candidate will:
- Review, establish and manage policies/procedures for project management methodology in a fast growing services organization, with a goal of increasing the quality of implementations, and reducing the overall time and cost of implementations and post-implementation support.
- Lead the effort to evaluate current PS systems and if necessary help to select and manage the implementation of a new professional services automation (PSA) and services resource planning software (SRP) system.
- Administer the PS systems/tools and the manage the day to day process of ensuring that customer and project data is entered in to the PS internal systems in a timely, accurate and detailed manner.
- Lead the effort to train and coach all PS staff, as well as contractors and partner personnel, on the methodologies, procedures and tools.
- Establish a knowledge base for all PMO materials.
- On a day to day basis, work with the PS Practice and Delivery Management team to help ensure effective:
- Scheduling of project resources
- Statements of Work (SOW) creation
- Project resource utilization forecast reporting, actuals vs. estimated reports, etc.
- Administration of PS tools/systems for project tracking, billing, utilization and reporting – which will support departmental metrics including but not limited to time-to-value, quality, utilization, revenue, margin and customer satisfaction.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience as a PMO manager specifically for a PS organization within an SI or SaaS company.
- BS/BA in Business, must be very comfortable with technology
- No less than six years’ experience in managing projects and/or establishing and leading a PMO, preferably in a software company
- Strong and demonstrable process, testing, standards and documentation focus
- Experience in working with project tracking tools
- Experience in the selection and implementation of a professional services automation (PSA) and services resource planning software (SRP) system
- Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management certification, e.g., PMP
- Experience in a SaaS or cloud focused organization
- Familiarity with Agile development and other project management methodologies
Location: San Mateo, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP